The NALIS Foundation was launched to answer the growing need of the modern Bulgarian society for the following:
- Functional integration of the library and information systems and catalogue registers of the research institutes, universities and some bigger book repositories;
- High awareness in the field of research and scientific activity;
- Application of up-to-date information service models meeting world standards;
The main task of the NALIS Foundation is to contribute the development of science, education and culture in Bulgaria, while also doing the following:
- International cooperation in the field of the library information and communication systems.
- Assisting the improvement of the library and information communication between research institutions, universities and the bigger book repositories;
- Developing various programs and taking part in their implementation;
- Organizing training, specializations and qualifications in the field of library information and communication systems;
- Coordinating activities as part of certain international, local and regional projects related to the development of library and information cooperation;
- Organizing workshops, conferences and forums;
- Carrying out information activities and publishing.
The NALIS Foundation was registered as a legal person of a non-commercial character on April 15th, 2009. See