SFX – for linking between web resources in the
scholarly information environment
- A web link-resolver (a web-based system that extracts, analyses
and stores metadata from different information providers and supplies the
user with a list of relevant links to the information resources that they
need) chosen by more than 1,500 libraries.
- It maintains links to full-text articles, online catalogues, local
and remote digital resources, and so on.
- It provides the user with the latest complete content on specific
topics by means of different access points through a flexible interface.
- It allows the user to monitor the usability of sources.
- It optimizes the acquisition and prevents any duplication of